Although on the whole, Medicare does not cover the costs of assisted living, going deep into the facts, you will find some reasons to believe that assisted living costs Medicare can be availed in certain cases. Here is a guideline that can help you to be properly informed about the costs of assisted living that could be covered by Medicare.
- There are certain assisted living costs that are covered indirectly by Medicare.
- Costs of treatment of wounds at the assisted living facilities that are treated by skilled medical personnel like trained nursing staff or a qualified doctor are covered by Medicare.
- Costs of routine checkups of an occupant like dental, hearing, vision and fitness programs that are mentioned in Part A and Part B under the Medical Advantage plans are covered by Medicare.
- Costs of prescription drugs that are prescribed by a qualified doctor and for wellness programs are also covered by Medicare. This falls under Part D of the Medical Advantage plans.
- Medicare also covers the costs of staying in a nursing home for a maximum period of 5 days for a resident of an assisted living community who requires urgent medical care at a nursing home.
Benefits of coverage of costs of assisted living
To get such benefits of coverage of costs of assisted living, there has to be an agreement between the concerned assisted living facility and Medicare, or such benefits may be availed through Medicaid, an insurance provider providing coverage of all costs of assisted living. To get the benefit of coverage of assisted living costs Medicare, you will need to pay a monthly premium, which is about $ 130. There is also an option for advance coverage decision so that you can be assured of coverage of costs of medical services that are necessary, by Medicare. To know more about the costs of assisted living covered by Medicare, you will need to undertake a personalized search over the internet. You will get all information about what costs are covered under Part A, B, C and D of the Medical Advantage plans.
For your information, the average cost of assisted living in the USA is $ 3,150 per month, which comes to about $ 42,000 per annum. Searching for information about assisted living costs Medicare, you can help yourself to get a picture about how much of the costs can be covered by Medicare.
Hope these facts will help you to be properly informed about the costs of assisted living covered by Medicare.